Cafe Kong Forums

The forums of the Cafe Kong chatroom of Kongregate.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Kong game-chat extraction

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
monodemono
Drama Drag Queen of Cafe Kong

Number of posts : 808
Registration date : 2008-11-30

Character sheet
Name:
Race:
PostSubject: Kong game-chat extraction   Wed 15 Apr 2009, 12:52 pm

I've been testing out Safari 4's Developmental tools, and I managed to extract just the game and chat from the rest of the site. They are currently locked together, but I'm still testing things out. On a previous attempt (didn't bother taking a screenshot of it), I managed to extract the chat without the game, however, it wasn't able to connect to Kong's servers, so I would just get the connection error message over and over. Before that, I was able to find out that Cafe Kong's room id is 37, so I'm going to try to combine that with the disconnected chat room to try to run just the chat room without anything else. For now though, this is what I have (see image below). Still toying around with it. If I discover a pattern to this page style with other games, I'll post it here, so that this can be achieved with any game. If you're wondering why I'm posting this, it's more to keep a record of what I'm doing, however, feel free to comment if you so desire.

-mono

Back to top Go down
View user profile
monodemono
Drama Drag Queen of Cafe Kong

Number of posts : 808
Registration date : 2008-11-30

Character sheet
Name:
Race:
PostSubject: Re: Kong game-chat extraction   Wed 15 Apr 2009, 1:07 pm

Update:

To get any page with JUST the game AND chat (yes badges and achievements and all that mumbo jumbo work), just add:
"/flashframe?ts=1239824000626"
To the end of any game url. Here's an example with it for Kongregate Chat:
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Kong game-chat extraction
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1