Cafe Kong Forums

The forums of the Cafe Kong chatroom of Kongregate.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

[HELLAS] Interest?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
theSeraph

Number of posts : 959
Registration date : 2008-11-05

Character sheet
Name: Samael
Race: Human

PostSubject: [HELLAS] Interest?   Tue 21 Jul 2009, 5:44 pm

So recently I did a bit of work for Hellas

Http://www.hellasrpg.com is the game's home page

http://aeforge.com/aeforum/forumdisplay.php?f=54 - are the forums for the game (i'm on there as 'writermonk')

I was talking briefly about Hellas in CK earlier today and War Wrecker mentioned an interest in playing. Desi would of course play. How many other people would be interested?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
War_Wrecker

Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2008-12-11

Character sheet
Name: Arkstam
Race: Dwarf

PostSubject: Re: [HELLAS] Interest?   Thu 23 Jul 2009, 8:07 am

Ok just some things to be worked out.

GM:
Medium:
Time:
Length of Campaign:
Length of Sessions:

Gamemasters for now is probably darx, theseraph, or possibly myself. When the other things are decided i may be able to grab other people.
The medium being the medium we use to RP. Currently the options are some sort of chat, such as an IRC, or forum posts.
What time of day is rather important, even if its simply in forum posts. Since im in Australia it usually means that you log on right before i go to bed.
As for the length of the campaign, some people might not be able to dedicate their time to a long campaign and it may fall apart if people start dropping out.
Length of sessions is possibly more important than all of these things put together, if we can only play for half an hour at a time things might not work out so well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
theSeraph

Number of posts : 959
Registration date : 2008-11-05

Character sheet
Name: Samael
Race: Human

PostSubject: Re: [HELLAS] Interest?   Thu 23 Jul 2009, 8:31 am

Seeing as how I'm probably the only one of us who currently owns a copy of Hellas, I'd probably have to be the GM.

That said, if any of you want to get a copy (hardcopy or pdf) and run, that'd be fine by me! (and likely fine by Jerry and the other good blokes who made the game, too)

Scheduling wise, play-by-post in a forum might be easier depending on how many folks we have. Failing that, I've got Trillian and can thus do multi-user chats via IM with almost any platform. Length of session will likely be influenced by this as well.

Campaign-length would depend on how many folks we get and their feelings in the matter. That said, Hellas is geared towards 'generational' play. "What the heck does that mean," you might ask (well... you might). Ok, if you open up that pdf-link and look at the sample characters, you'll notice a couple of things. First off is "Destiny" - a character's Destiny is some heroic goal that they're working towards. It can change, but ultimately it's what the player wants that character to achieve. Once that Destiny is met, the character is generally 'retired' for a bit. The other big thing is Fate. You get Fate points over the course of your adventures (and can spend them for things as well just as you can Hero Points). However, when you hit a total of 10 Fate Points your character meets their end - whatever that may be. It doesn't happen right that moment you've hit your 10th point - but as soon as the adventure is over, you (and/or the GM) work out how you meet your Fate. Then, your character is retired (or likely dead). In either case, you then make a new character - however, you also get a percentage of your prior character's experience and you get one of their items for your next character providing you work the two (characters) of them together in your new character's story. In that way, you get the long drawn out epics with twists and turns, fathers and sons and grandsons, and long twists working through it all.
Too, between each adventure in Hellas there's down time where the characters are going about their daily lives, earning a living, and pursuing their goals. There's actually a teeny bit of game mechanics for characters to spend some points during these down-time sessions to influence the broader world around them - typically though you don't have enough points to enact drastic change unless 1) all the PCs are spending their points together, 2) it's the end of a long adventure, or 3) some combination of the prior.

If we get some folks interested, I can post a bit of the character creation system later. It's kind of involved and generates a fair bit of back story in the process.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [HELLAS] Interest?   

Back to top Go down

[HELLAS] Interest?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1