Cafe Kong Forums

The forums of the Cafe Kong chatroom of Kongregate.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Words, words, words...S

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
monodemono
Drama Drag Queen of Cafe Kong

Number of posts : 808
Registration date : 2008-11-30

Character sheet
Name:
Race:
PostSubject: Re: Words, words, words...S   Sun 15 Feb 2009, 3:25 pm

I love it all, keep it up guys! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VQuesadilla

Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2008-12-18

Character sheet
Name:
Race:
PostSubject: Re: Words, words, words...S   Tue 17 Feb 2009, 6:11 am

the title reminds me of the song
noise noise noise
smoking weed smoking weed
doing coke drinking beer
rawr
Back to top Go down
View user profile
monodemono

Character sheet
Name:
Race:
PostSubject: Re: Words, words, words...S   Tue 17 Feb 2009, 6:15 am

I can't help but feel I'm a partial inspiration for that last one >.>
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VQuesadilla

Character sheet
Name:
Race:
PostSubject: Re: Words, words, words...S   Tue 17 Feb 2009, 6:19 am

it's always been because of [words words words]
but you can claim 1/16 credit :]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
monodemono

Character sheet
Name:
Race:
PostSubject: Re: Words, words, words...S   Tue 17 Feb 2009, 6:21 am

The smoking weed thing was all I was thinking of. lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VQuesadilla

Character sheet
Name:
Race:
PostSubject: Re: Words, words, words...S   Tue 17 Feb 2009, 6:23 am

everyday i see...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
monodemono

Character sheet
Name:
Race:
PostSubject: Re: Words, words, words...S   Tue 17 Feb 2009, 6:23 am

*huff huff huff* Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VQuesadilla

Character sheet
Name:
Race:
PostSubject: Re: Words, words, words...S   Tue 17 Feb 2009, 6:26 am

crazy foo
Back to top Go down
View user profile
monodemono

Character sheet
Name:
Race:
PostSubject: Re: Words, words, words...S   Tue 17 Feb 2009, 6:30 am

You know you love it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
theSeraph

Number of posts : 959
Registration date : 2008-11-05

Character sheet
Name: Samael
Race: Human

PostSubject: Re: Words, words, words...S   Mon 23 Feb 2009, 7:34 am

*sighs*

again... spam. c'mon people if you want to post something, post something appropriate to the thread?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
monodemono

Character sheet
Name:
Race:
PostSubject: Re: Words, words, words...S   Tue 24 Feb 2009, 1:52 am

You kinda have a point, but, a) you just did it too, and b) it's not that big of a deal.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darxzero
Admin

Number of posts : 612
Registration date : 2008-11-03

Character sheet
Name: Drital Vesdrac
Race: Drow

PostSubject: Re: Words, words, words...S   Wed 25 Feb 2009, 5:50 am

Mono, you truly do have double standards.

Character sheet
Name:
Race:
PostSubject: Re: Words, words, words...S   Wed 25 Feb 2009, 2:28 pm

Yeah, it's true.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
littlegoth

Number of posts : 244
Registration date : 2008-11-05

Character sheet
Name:
Race:
PostSubject: Re: Words, words, words...S   Sat 14 Mar 2009, 5:16 am

This is about a character from a RPG tabletop system called talislanta, Jaka are cat-wolf-men, generally trackers/trappers and bounty hunters... they don't use magic because magic messes with their natural 6th sense and so one casting magic is very strange.. Dhuna are one of the races of man, usually living in the woods casting/perfecting nature magics, sarista are like gypsies and at times, Dhuna and Sarista will switch out people from their populations to learn new skills... A wererook is similar to a 3 foot tall raven with a very high intellect and an epee is like a 2 to 3 foot tall humming bird who's beak is strong, sharp, and pretty wicked if it hits you, a malikin is like a 6 legged cat with dexterous paws and a penchant for picking pockets and the like. Cymrillians are green skinned humans who use a good bit of magic and some of what they do is to color their hair and skin in wild and vibrant colors, so you might see one with green skin and hot pink hair, and another with pale blue skin and dark green hair, and a third with almost pinkish skin and red and gold (literally shiny like the metal) streaked hair...

Also, so you know, this was written so a friend of mine could try to draw her for me.. and I didn't think I could describe her any other way..

"Just another boring day in our boring little town, nothing to do, nothing to see," she said with her back to the road. But I could see it all, an airship had landed near by and leading a ragtag group of odd individuals was a Jaka. Of all things to be seen, especially in a leadership position, but this one seemed to be confident. As they moved up the street, they broke off individually or in pairs, going into different shops or heading to other areas of town. As she grew closer, I noticed that she wore the sashes of a Dhuna witch, black - zar - death, green - fandir - destiny, and silver - talisandre - luck. I've never heard of a Jaka casting magic, so I'm guessing that she thought it looked cool, and that's when i noticed her hair. Most Jaka, hah... listen to me, having only seen two other Jaka in my life, are pretty unruly looking. Not this one, she had her hair colored even more wild than the cymrillian in her party! In the front a streak of Silver, then black, green, and a thin purple braid with a purple ribbon falling down her back. Last month a Sarista caravan came through and I saw some of their people wearing the ribbons in the same way, when my cousin asked, they told him that it was because they were initates to that caste of magic with the dhuna, or were before they left. The Jaka stopped, only about 30 feet away, and looked around. As she stood, the ornamental shoulder spikes on her cloak gained a true purpose as two large birds landed, one on each side. I wracked my brain to remember that the long beaked one was an epee, and the wicked looking black one a wererook. I never expected those books we were forced to study to be worth anything, but here I am now able to identify some of the more interesting fauna of my world. After the large black bird spoke to her for a moment, a malkin scurried up her leg and into a large satchel she wore that rested on her hip. Her black vest was tight and made out of very fine rich looking fabric, small designs traced the buttons in silver. A two large belts crossed at her hips and on one hung a large blue steel blade with strange runes carved into it. Her pants were tight, and short, showing off curves that very few of my fellow residents in this town had. My grumpy companion caught me staring open mouthed, and sighing turned to look at what had caught me so unawares. The Jaka started walking again, and she seemed to be heading this way, I gave myself a quick dust off and brush up while my friend did the same.
"Issss theees tah bessst tavvvverrrrrrn in town," she purred at us. I nodded, unable to speak, staring at her up close, smelling the exotic flowery scent that grew stronger with every small movement of her twitching tail. Thankfully my friend got her wits back quicker than I and she invited her in and pulled me with her.
The difference in light didn't seem to faze her and she walked to a table, her eyes locked on mine and she tapped the table and arched her finger at me, beckoning me to come to her. I walked over with all the grace of a land lizard and smiled sheepishly as I stood across the table from her. She smiled back at me, her look was that of a predator stalking its prey and i was transfixed. She questioned me about many things, like recent visitors, strange deaths, slavers, animal movement, and other things that seemed so unimportant. I discovered I had answers I never knew existed and that I could answer almost all of them, and after she was done, her smile seemed even more predatory. She dismissed me with a wave of her hand and turned and began talking to the large black bird again. When I reached the bar I turned back to look at her, my friend stood beside me, leaning on the bar laughing quietly.
"Not what you hoped, huh," she questioned, and all I could do in reply was shrug and toss back a shot.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zombie_ravioli

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2009-03-13

Character sheet
Name: Timothy whatsiztoya
Race: Half-Elf

PostSubject: Re: Words, words, words...S   Sat 14 Mar 2009, 5:18 am

Little long and I'm to lazy to read all of it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spindax

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2009-01-23

Character sheet
Name:
Race:
PostSubject: Re: Words, words, words...S   Sat 14 Mar 2009, 5:45 am

Thinking.
It has been an action of man. It still is.
What would happen if someone stopped thinking? Would said person get lost, or would the person just flow with the stream?
What would happen if the world stopped thinking? What would we be, and what will we become?

Relax for a moment and think about it. That's all you have to do.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
narcolepticsloth

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2009-02-12

Character sheet
Name:
Race:
PostSubject: Re: Words, words, words...S   Sat 14 Mar 2009, 2:57 pm

ooh is it story time? here's my attempts at short short stories.

Martha knew something was wrong. Jim, her husband, had a frantic look in is eye and was sweating profusely. He never sweated profusely. He also didn't normally bleed from the shoulder.
"Martha, did you hear me? call an ambulance!"

Four hours and seven stitches later, as they were driving home, Martha stared longingly out the window. She reflected on a moment in her past when she first fell in love with Jim. It was at the carnival and Jim had just won her a gigantic pink bear. As he handed it to her he looked deep into her eyes and said:
"Martha! Keep your eyes on the road!"
Martha swerved the Station Wagon to avoid the oncoming truck. The car screeched off the road and into a nearby field. A cow nearby looked up at it disdainfully. Jim collapsed into the car seat, attempting to calm himself down. Martha made eye contact with the cow, which seemed to give her a knowing look.
Off in the distance a chicken clucked , signifying that everything was going to be all right in the world.

Then the Station Wagon exploded.

The truck driver thought to himself,
"Don't look back, don't look back"
and continued on his route.

The End.

well.. i may write more.. if i didnt fail miserably...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
narcolepticsloth

Character sheet
Name:
Race:
PostSubject: Re: Words, words, words...S   Sat 14 Mar 2009, 4:10 pm

Victor was a strange child. So it was no wonder that he grew up to become a strange adult.

Nobody was surprised when he walked into town wearing a rabbit suit and carrying a fully loaded m1 Carbine.

Geoff Gerardine, a witness, was quoted "Well, what can I say. I guess we all knew Victor was going to pull a stunt like this. He was extremely strange, but I always thought Johnson was the one that would shoot up the entire town. He's pretty damn quiet and keeps to himself most of the time. now get off my lawn before i turn on the sprinklers."

Victor's mother has not yet made an official statement in regards to her son's actions but through a phone interview we gathered this information:

Phone Rings

"Hello? Who is this?"

"Mrs. Price, Im Debra Donahue with Channel 5 news, do you mind if i ask you a few questions?"

"..."

"..."

"Im sorry, Mrs. Price isnt here. In fact this is a payphone. Who is this again?

End transmission

We will be right back after this.

*click*

Johnson turned off the television.

"Damn that Victor", he thought looking back at his stockpile of weapons.

"Now what am I going to do today?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zombie_ravioli

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2009-03-13

Character sheet
Name: Timothy whatsiztoya
Race: Half-Elf

PostSubject: Re: Words, words, words...S   Sun 15 Mar 2009, 4:46 am

Vacation is a matter of perspective , If you spend 1 week a year in a god forsaken place the rest of your live seems like a vacation
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VQuesadilla

Character sheet
Name:
Race:
PostSubject: Not sure if this counts as a relevant post in this thread...   Sun 15 Mar 2009, 10:10 am

So this is more like a story I'd just like to share about how my life parallels the book twilight. I don't care you if you think it sucks I personally don't like how it's a fad more then a good read anymore. Just thought it was funny and i'd point it out.

1. I am in love with Jp, and I love johnny. No, I am not in two relationships, no I don't love johnny in the same way I love Jp.
how is this like the book?: Bella loves edward and she loves Jacob. Edward is bascially her life, and Jacob makes her whole as well.

2. Johnny is a hairy bastard who sometimes makes choices that aren't always what I would want him to do.
how is this like the book?: Jacob leaves bella from time to time. etc. oh and Jacob's a wolf and hairy as all heck

3. Jp and Johnny don't nessisaryly like each other.
how is this like the book?: Edward and Jacob aren't too fond of each other.

4. For my graduation present, Jp wants to sort of "co-opt" a gift with Johnny [was supposed to be a surprise but i can get anything out of him] and i said that would be cool if it was some sort of charm bracelet. he said you never know
how is this like the book?: For bella's graduation gift, she was given a charm braclet and both edward and jacob have a part in it.

I may post more because i'm sure there are...

Last edited by vquesadilla on Sun 15 Mar 2009, 10:12 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : adding more, forgot to add)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
narcolepticsloth

Character sheet
Name:
Race:
PostSubject: Re: Words, words, words...S   Sun 15 Mar 2009, 1:30 pm

hmm.. maybe i should READ twilight.. things might make sense.. anyhoo heres an even shorter whathcamacallit:

A day in the life of a vigilante turkey
Gobble gobble

Gobble gobble

Gobble gobble

“hey there little fella what-"

GOBBLE GOBBLE

“OH GOD!! OH GOD!! NOT THE JUGULAR!! AUGH! AUGH!!!”

Gobble gobble…
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VQuesadilla

Character sheet
Name:
Race:
PostSubject: Re: Words, words, words...S   Thu 19 Mar 2009, 6:57 pm

Free writing 1-
study
The evil side of butterflies. A Story about the beginning of butterfly collecting.
Everyone knows what makes spring look nice. Butterflies. The come in different shapes and sizes and in thousands of color combination. Sure they look pretty, and you can marvel at their beauty as they float along. Well, my story is not about the happy pretty creature you are used to seeing. Butterflies have an evil side. One calm, bright spring day I was walking my dog to the local park. Well, all of a sudden a huge army of bright yellow and blue butterflies fly at my doggie and scared him into the street. My dog got hit by a car. My life was never the same. Well, after I found the evil lair of the rouge butterflies I snatched them all up and put them in glass cases. I poked them with a stick and gave them names. Next time you see a butterfly, remember this, you’re life may very well be at stake.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VQuesadilla

Character sheet
Name:
Race:
PostSubject: Re: Words, words, words...S   Thu 19 Mar 2009, 7:44 pm

Free writing 2-
study
Impending Doom!
I was sitting at my favorite chair in my room eating my favorite candy, Trix, and everything was going alright. All of a sudden the room was shaking like mad. I turned on the tele to see a blue screen. I wanted to run outside but I fell down. I crawled under the huge mahogany table and clung to the middle leg. The tele suddenly turned on with an urgent message, “Impending doom! Hide and take cover!” Since I was already under the table I figured I was ok, so I sat and watched as walls crumbled. I used my cell to call my brother and told him to get over to the house as quick as he possibly could. He said, “But I’m stuck in the impending doom!”

[this one was completely luniticly done... or something like that]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VQuesadilla

Character sheet
Name:
Race:
PostSubject: Re: Words, words, words...S   Thu 19 Mar 2009, 7:50 pm

Free writing 3-
study
The master of the house walked down his old marble staircase. He was the supreme drug lord of the 9th district. Mr. Mister, as they called him. He walked up to his secret passage, putting in the code, going through the eye, voice, thumb, and signature scans. The door slid open to reveal his most secret room in his home. No one who ever saw this or knew about it was alive for very long. There were not any drugs, not even the legal ones. He walked in his private room, and looked around. The room was covered with pink fur, teddy bears, and cotton candy makers. He laughed gleefully as the drug lord hugged his favorite teddy named “Bugsy” and sat on his hot pink Barbie chair to eat his bubble gum cotton candy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
narcolepticsloth

Character sheet
Name:
Race:
PostSubject: Re: Words, words, words...S   Thu 19 Mar 2009, 8:35 pm

hmm writing a story in 100 words.. sounds like a challenge..

IMPENDING DOOM

One dismal, rainy winter morning, as I was riding my bike to Music 31 I noticed that people all around me were staring up into the sky. Some were even pointing, like in a bad sci-fi movie. I turned to see a giant blue laser slowly making its way towards Earth. Holy crap. Two words that were on everyone’s mind, now just entered mine. “What the hell is that?” someone asked from the crowd. No response. We watched as the laser got closer and closer, until another voice from the crowd stated “well it looks a lot like IMPENDING DOOM”

wow.. im amazed.. this is actually fun!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Words, words, words...S   

Back to top Go down

Words, words, words...S
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next