Cafe Kong Forums

The forums of the Cafe Kong chatroom of Kongregate.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Let's start up an RP!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
discoalienpro

Number of posts : 465
Registration date : 2008-11-04

Character sheet
Name: Constans
Race: Human

PostSubject: Re: Let's start up an RP!   Sun 09 Nov 2008, 1:47 pm

"{I am human, but my mind is infused with half of a demon's soul. It grants me strange powers, and changed me slightly physical,}" Constans said, grinning to reveal his fangs, and twitching his nose to bump down his glasses, showing red eyes, all while holding the swords in the same places. "{I also live in the underworld, amongst the drow and dwarves.}"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darxzero
Admin

Number of posts : 612
Registration date : 2008-11-03

Character sheet
Name: Drital Vesdrac
Race: Drow

PostSubject: Re: Let's start up an RP!   Sun 09 Nov 2008, 1:52 pm

As the "human" finished his sentence, Drital turned. Behind him, he saw the halfling from earlier. "What seems to be the problem? I do not see the purpose of sneaking up on people with knives. It may give them the wrong impression, especially if they are of a... paranoid nature. So stop, and explain your actions."

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Let's start up an RP!   Sun 09 Nov 2008, 2:00 pm

ooc: lol, why the dice roll?

ic: "{Honestly, I didn't expect another traveler from the underworld to come here, but it seems you are just a murderer.}" Constans lets out a sigh. "{You kill a town's guard, and you make yourself enemy of everyone. You could give up now, and live, or die here. It's your choice.}"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
evilethrasher

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Character sheet
Name: Thomas Rumdrill
Race: Halfling

PostSubject: Re: Let's start up an RP!   Sun 09 Nov 2008, 2:08 pm

"i hope yer'll forgive me if i keep me knife handy, there's blood of a guard on someone's hands and you seem to be suspect number one." Thomas told the drow in a commanding tone. "I hope you had best be turning yourself in. the guards will give you a lot better than what this mob'll give yer if you don't." Thomas drew a second knife and began to twirl it in his off hand. It was a nervous habit of his, but of course he wasn't about to let on he was terrifyed, this man clearly had some skill if he dispatched silently. especially after the other man he knew was trouble speaking in the drow tongue. could he be an accomplice of the murderer?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darxzero
Admin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Let's start up an RP!   Sun 09 Nov 2008, 2:08 pm

OoC: The dice roll seemed to be a glitch. Ah well.

IC: Yet again averting his attention to the human, Drital's mouth twisted into a sneer. "{A murderer? No, my half-soul friend, an assassin. The guard was in the way, and I dealt with the problem as I saw fit. You have no evidence against me, without revealing your own... abilities, so make no threats against me. I see not why this incident bothers you so anyway. What was the guard to you? Nothing.}"

Admin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Let's start up an RP!   Sun 09 Nov 2008, 2:13 pm

Once again turning to the halfling, Drital glanced at his hands. "I am a suspect? I expect you have no evidence against me, aside from the colour of my eyes, so I would advise rethinking this. Also, you may want to be careful with that other knife. It would be just like some thug to snatch it from you and dispatch you from behind."

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Let's start up an RP!   Sun 09 Nov 2008, 2:19 pm

"{Assassin? Ha! That is just a lame excuse for getting away with murder. Any expert hunter, or somebody with good smell can tell that you're the only one with fresh blood on you. If you are an assassin, you probably have a knife of some sort, pull it out. If it has blood on it, you're guilty for sure,}" Constans said without even the slightest sign of fear or anxiety, as though he had been doing this for years. "{Also, you said yourself you dealt with the problem as you saw fit. That was an unwise move.}"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darxzero
Admin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Let's start up an RP!   Sun 09 Nov 2008, 2:24 pm

His mouth curling at the corners, Drital reached into his cloak. No one evading a bounty would be foolish enough to carry only one weapon. His fingers running across the flats of the many blades that he kept, he drew the one least like that which he had thrust into the man's throat. Drawing the blade, he tossed it to the human for inspection.

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Character sheet
Name: Thomas Rumdrill
Race: Halfling

PostSubject: Re: Let's start up an RP!   Sun 09 Nov 2008, 2:26 pm

Cursing under his breath, Thomas threw his second knife into the table beside the drow.
"What more evidence do you expect a mob to need? it is hardly a common eyecolour. I'd wager a gold crown there isn't another person with red eyes within this city, and another five that he has an alibi far more believable than any you can come up with." Thomas was getting more and more irritated as time passed. "Alas, i suppose that is not evidence enough for law and so they must protect you, But a cloak made of shadows is no cloak at all, drow. Olly was a good friend of mine, and if i find it was you, nobody will stop me from giving you what you deserve."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Archaris

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Character sheet
Name: Alavander
Race: Elf

PostSubject: Re: Let's start up an RP!   Sun 09 Nov 2008, 2:28 pm

{Stop there, Drow}. "This man just claimed himself an assassin by trade and to have 'taken care of a problem'. No doubt there was little cause of this action beyond your race's murderous nature. I deem you guilty of murder and I will take you to the prison to await your swift trial and death."

Alavander casts a defensive spell on himself, making his skin appear as stone but still as supple. He reaches into a pocket and pulls out a set of manacles braced with a solid metal bar (forces the hands apart at a distance you can't pick each other's cuffs)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
discoalienpro

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Let's start up an RP!   Sun 09 Nov 2008, 2:30 pm

"[Well, that works too, I guess...]" Constans said under his breath in dwarven.

Constans dispelled his swords, and they vanished into small wisps of black aura.

"[Wait... I have red eyes too...]" Constans said, raising an eyebrow and biting his upper lip.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sakuya

Number of posts : 11

Character sheet
Name: Valarie Sato
Race: Half-Elf

PostSubject: Re: Let's start up an RP!   Sun 09 Nov 2008, 4:53 pm

From the corner, a low laugh escaped the female. It seemed like a joke to her. "This is a joke...." Taking one last swig of the bottle, she made it empty and threw it out the open window, letting it crash onto the ground. She stood up and lifted her blade up, putting it back onto her back, in the 2 slots of the harness that held it.

"If you haven't noticed by now, I'm sure there are hundreds of people in this city with red eyes. You can't just blame one person." She headed toward the men, not giving a care of if she got hit or not. It wouldn't be the first nor the last. She looked out the window, checking the weather, which made her grin. "Now. You can't just say he murdered someone. Hell, for all we know, he may be a hired mercenary, just like myself. Doesn't mean he did it. Doesn't mean I did it. Heck, I could change my eye color if I wanted. What if I said I did it? It doesn't mean you have the right to arrest me if I just said I did it." She gave a small giggle and looked at the men. "[Pathetic... Simply pathetic]" She said in her native forest-elf tongue that was only relative to her fathers small village.

"Now.. Unless you have proof against this man, like people who may have seen the murder, although I doubt you did...." She looked to the human in the door way. "You smell more like cow or horse blood than human blood."

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Let's start up an RP!   Sun 09 Nov 2008, 5:07 pm

"[She's pretty smart, I wonder if she knows a language I can speak well...]" Constans muttered.

"Red eyes not common here. He also has more knife. I see in cloak. Hired or not, he still assassin. Looks suspicious too. Smells of blood. confession good enough for further looking. Not for death though," Constans said, straining to find the right words.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Archaris

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Let's start up an RP!   Sun 09 Nov 2008, 5:08 pm

(towards all) "As a deputy of Hearth City, this man himself said he was an assassin and took care of his problem, witness to several who speak undercommon in this room, referring directly to the murder of Olly the Gate Guard. I will be taking him to the prison until we investigate and prove he is innocent as I am most certain he is not. That's the way things work around here."

Alavander looks to Constans and the townsfolk for support. (I don't want to declare an NPC supports me in this cause as it would be bad play)

(towards sakuya) "As for you, half-elf, I'm not sure where you come from that red eyes are quite so common, but it's a fairly unusual trait in a good city such as this. Only folk I know might have red eyes are usually from out of town, two of the first are here in this tavern right now."

Last edited by Archaris on Sun 09 Nov 2008, 5:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
discoalienpro

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Let's start up an RP!   Sun 09 Nov 2008, 5:10 pm

"I agree with elf. I come from underworld. I know suspicious drow looks. He is suspicious."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sakuya

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Let's start up an RP!   Sun 09 Nov 2008, 5:35 pm

A smile lit up her face. "Yes yes. If you haven't noticed by now, of course there will be people coming from out of town. The town is close to a port, maybe 1/2 a mile away. There will be tons of people in the event of having red eyes. And you know, the person may have been able to take his appearance, as in the black cape and such, but if he confesses to it multiple times, he may have done it, or he is taking the blame for someone." She gave a shrug and looked at her feet. Below her, with out anyone noticing, there was a large group of vines seeping in from the ground, but no one took care of looking. She looked back up. "By the way, don't call me half-elf. I have a name."

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Let's start up an RP!   Sun 09 Nov 2008, 5:46 pm

"Oh no... a name! Maybe you should give it then keep it a mystery and an offense... There is a port to the east of here, Port Smouth. Do you mean the tieflings that are running the Festival of Broken Moons that will happen next week?

Addressing the situation at hand, "As far as me and the police are concerned, one confession; in any language; is enough in front of many witnesses. Lack of remorse and of sanity. Either way, Dark Elf, I'll be taking you in until the investigation shows otherwise. (please allow darxzero to do something with his character before we have a gigantic fight without him doing squat)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
discoalienpro

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Let's start up an RP!   Sun 09 Nov 2008, 6:16 pm

"[I'm getting tired, I'm going to bed. See you when I wake up, whoever is still here,]" Constans said in dwarven, climbing up the stairs to his room.

OOC: in case anybody is wondering, Constans speaks dwarven more often than undercommon because dwarven is more widely known in the sunlit realms because of the dwarven trade industry, whereas drow are more self-sufficient and don't travel up above as often as dwarves.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darxzero
Admin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Let's start up an RP!   Mon 10 Nov 2008, 1:48 am

Drital glanced up. "You still insist that I am the murderer? Fine. I will come with you, if only to satisfy your ridiculous imagination. Oh, and by the way, I advise you check the eyes of your human friend. Ever wonder why he never removes those glasses?" As he stood, Drital, silently threw the knife he had to used to kill the guard under a table a few feet away, and walked towards the elf.

Character sheet

PostSubject: Imprisonment   Mon 10 Nov 2008, 4:45 am

Alavander shackles the drow behind the back with the solid link manacles and leads him down to the prison, not saying a word, and not noticing the subtle movement of the drow's arm. the other Gate Guard follows closely behind with his sword drawn. Once at the prison house, due to their reputation for being prepared for all circumstances, it was necessary to insist that the prisoner exchange his clothing for standard issue stripes. Alavander keeps watch as the gate guard inspects the numerous daggers in the Drow's posession... none of them were stained with fresh blood.

Sneering with derision, Alavander ensures the drow is staying put by placing an arcane lock on the gate of the prison door. Leaving the prison guards instructions not to talk to him, but to keep a keen eye, he leaves the prison and heads out to do some due investigation at the gates, and with any townsfolk that might be included.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Archaris

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Let's start up an RP!   Mon 10 Nov 2008, 6:49 am

Memoir of Alavander:

Constans was speaking with me and Thomas the halfling after Ug left the tavern. He was gone for less than ten minutes when someone new entered the tavern. Shortly afterwards, Peter the gate guard broke in and exclaimed Olly the Gate Guard had been fatally stabbed in the neck by a thin dagger just minutes before, "Red Eyes" the last words out of his mouth, Olly may see his murderer convicted yet.

Little did the Drow, Drital his name, in the corner know I spoke undercommon as I hunted Drow the first half of my life, as he boasted he was {an assassin. The guard was in the way, and I dealt with the problem as I saw fit.} He later attempted to make us assume the strange human, Constans, was also potentially guilty for having red eyes as well. As I had expected Constans to be found innocent, it was to my dismay when Matilda brought a bloodied dagger that was discarded beneath the bar where he had been sitting. I felt strange to believe it was he, since not only was he at the bar when the murder occured, but that he summoned his own weapons from his gloves: two thin black swords rather than daggers.

I had to check out Constans alibi. He was indeed at the library for a large part of the day receiving information. The journal found on Constans matched almost exactly with the information found at the correspondent at the library. Constans has been cleared of the crime. I wonder, did Ug see him going down the road?

Drital has been placed in the secure cell at the end of the line with the wooden bar and an arcane lock to ensure he does not stealthily escape confinement while awaiting his fair trial at the hands of the City council. A murder does not go unpunished in Hearth City. The trial is expected to happen within a days time.

end of memoir
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Archaris

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Let's start up an RP!   Mon 10 Nov 2008, 4:35 pm

(To Sakuya) The next morning, Alavander sees the half elf from before walking through town. He decides to approach her. He has his customary blue robes tied with a golden rope and copper serpent-headed stave with him.

"Good Morning, let me apologize for the way I treated you yesterday. It seemed as though you were defending that drow even after he boasted about taking care of the guard..." Al shakes his head and continues, "...Besides the point, I wanted to know what about the Festival of Broken Moons that's happening in Port Smouth (pronounced Smooth). I haven't heard much about it yet, is that where you're from?"

Alavander gets a surprised look on his face, "Oh pardon me! I never introduced myself! I'm Alavander from an elf tribe formerly in the North, acting Deputy here in town while they find a new replacement (mumbling 'which should be any day now...'). Pleased to meet your acquaintance." Alavander bows slightly and brushes the thin white hairs from his face.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sakuya

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Let's start up an RP!   Mon 10 Nov 2008, 5:01 pm

OOC: Just so you know. The name was changed upon request.

IC:After that incident, the half-elf wanted nothing to do with those people for the day. She found herself a decent hotel. She wasn't going to pay top dollar, but she dealt with what she could.

It seemed that the next day was more busy then the previous. People were running around. A few robberies here and there, but Valarie didn't have the urge to defend anyone. From her right, she noticed the same male elf from the day from yesterday, for he arrested the drow. She shook her head, telling herself to calm down as he approached.

"Good morning..." She muttered as he continued with his sentences. She seemed to be staring at the man, rather frustrated, but she knew she would have to go through the day, only to head back to the hotel and possibly go for a swing in the solitude of the moon light in a forest's lake. She knew she could conceal it with vines of the forest. She knew it could be a nice night for her, for once. No frustrations, no angers. Just relaxation.

"I'm not from here, Port Smouth, nor any where on this side of this planet. My small tribe of humans lives on the other side of the planet, which named Takunta. I'm not sure what they really celebrate, I'm afraid to tell you." She gently bowed her head, not caring to curtsy to this man. "The name is Valarie Sato. A pleasure to meet you too...." Her sentance was finished in her head, 'Not...'

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Let's start up an RP!   Mon 10 Nov 2008, 6:04 pm

Constans woke up and noticed that his active journal had been tabbed through. It gave him an idea. He rushed as quickly as he could to the library, where he was greeted by Thrintan.

"[Welcome back Chronicler.]"

"[Good day to you too mes-Thrintan. I assume you've heard of the recent murder, yes?]"

"[Who in this town hasn't?]" Thrintan said half-jokingly.

"[Apparently the murderer is a drow assassin. Not many drow come to the surface, and those that do are usually treasure hunters rather than assassins. If we look back far enough, we'll probably find some records on him.]"

"[Good idea! How far back should we look?]"

"[He can't be much older than 100, so 50 years back sounds good.]"

"[Let's start then!]"

Constans and Thrintan looked through many records from now to fifty years back. It took much time, but eventually, he was found. His name is Drital, and currently has a large bounty on his head, dead or alive.

"[Thanks for your help mes-Thrintan! Goodbye for now.]"

"[See you later Chronicler.]"

With that, Constans went to the prison to see Drital. On the way there, he encountered Alavander and said "{Did you know the drow, Drital, is wanted dead or alive for a large sum of money? Bye!}" without giving him a chance to respond.

When he got there, Constans found Drital locked in a cell.

"{I knew there was something off about you... wanted man Drital,}" Constans said with half a grin. "{Tell me, why did you kill them?}"

OOC: i wonder who sakuya's character is hunting...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Archaris

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Let's start up an RP!   Mon 10 Nov 2008, 6:59 pm

OC: got the pm sakuya Smile oh yeah, i said this in a pm too >.>

IC: Alavander raises an eyebrow, the long hairs dramatically increasing the effect of looking confused. "Huh. Never even heard of Takunta. Small human tribe on the other side of the planet you say? Well I daresay you've traveled farther on this planet than I have!" He notes the hilt of the sword you carry on your back, "That's a curious sword you have on your back, that hilt looks well crafted. Looks mighty familiar if I do say so myself." Alavander tips back on the balls of his heels as he adds the last line.

He notes her stance and decides to briskly break off the conversation. "Ah well, I see you have an errand, I have one myself. I must attend to it." He adds an elven "Farewell" after she makes her terse goodbye and takes off for the Farmsworth Inn.

Alavander takes a seat at head of the bar. He orders the first of several days worth of Lamb Stew that was cooked up and sets up to chow down. Matilda comes over with his mug of ale, chiming in a thick accent with a hint of gnomish "Top of the morning to ya sar, Quite a deal with that drow coming in just the other day. Bet he's gonna get what's coming to him!"

"I know Matilda. You treat me well with the meals and this great Ale! It's the reason I stay here in Hearth City," he adds enthusiastically. "Aye, I hope that drow gets what's coming to him as well, no doubt it was he who did the deed to poor Olly. I hear the new deputy is coming from Port Smouth tomorrow. I heard a lot of things about him, but nothing was good or bad, it was just a lot I heard. I hope he can keep it even around here, especially with that Festival happening!"

"Ah yes, mih' son is walking all the way there to see the ladies dancing, that he is. I told 'im no but he won't be havin none of that. I suppose that's what you get with a pop like his. Any idea what this year's surprise will be?"

"No idea Matilda, I've been trying to pry it out of anyone I can get my hands on all morning!" He chuckles. "Not working so well for me though, these old hands can't get their hands on information as much as they used to, but at least they still move like they're supposed to." With that he digs into his fresh stew, wondering what happened to Ug and Thomas after he left yesterday, and wondering what the new Deputy was to be like when he arrived.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Let's start up an RP!   

Back to top Go down

Let's start up an RP!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next